This weekend I once again returned to exploring the play 'Cleansed' by Sarah Kane with the wonderful Nina Kane. Don't want to write too much on here because it's going towards her PhD research and I fear rules of blabbing academic stuff.
But was absolutely great! Saturday reacquainted self with script, characters, movement and working with Nina and the Sunday created a full body mask, so intense and amazing, brilliant at allowing actor to be totally immersed in character, something I hope to explore in own work in near future!
I hope this is something that becomes more frequent in my acting career, making friends and returning to them every know and again to work and play. Speaking of which, Happy Storm Theatre got in touch, going to be helping out at a workshop with them in a high school soon :)
The full body mask sounds very interesting!
ReplyDeleteHopefully a photo may be ok when Nina has finished her research, such a powerful thing for an actor, totally makes you adopt physicality of character straight away, get into it so much. Apparantly masks can be slightly dangerous, I could understand why by end of that session!
Delete