Saturday, 25 February 2012
Chaotic Combinations, 18th - 19th February
Entered as an actor again for Chaotic Combinations, this time a monologue competition!
I was paired with Mark Reid, an acquaintance from his Theatre Networking groups which he runs and other fringe projects around Manchester. This at first felt like a relief, working with some one I knew, till the realisation hit me, I knew this person and didn't want to let them down with the performance of their script, as I knew I'd be seeing them again soon.
The task of learning a monologue I have discovered, is more difficult than that of learning a duologue, with another actor there is someone to bounce off and structure is easier to remember. Thoroughly enjoyed the challenge and the rush of andrenaline from the nerves.
My friend Jesse won the competition with a very quirky monologue including 'Ikea-sexualists,' hope she does well in the finals.
I am somewhat tempted to enter as a writer next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment