Monday, 29 November 2010

Workshop With Casting Director Nicci Topping

25th November 2010

Nicci Topping operates TOPPS CASTING in the UK. She has experience of casting for feature films
and short films, television commercials, pop promos, videos, voice overs, photographic assignments and the
theatre.
Topping's session consisted of giving us in pairs a script, some had a very straight forward dialogue between two girls, going through a creepy factory. And others had the script for a wii commercial. I would much rather have had the wii commerical. It allowed actors to demonstrate how well they could present script in a natural manner. Whereas the script for the girls in a spooky factory was quite hard for me to take seriously. Suppose there will be many times to come where I will find a script hard to be believable and I will have to perform my best any way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment